QuickBooks is a multi-user accounting program that can be operated by numerous users simultaneously. Its features make it the most used accounting software in the market. It has two modes – single-user mode and multi-user mode. Users can switch to the modes easily. But sometimes, the users encounter QuickBooks error code H202 while switching to multi-user mode from single-user mode. This error H202 states that something obstructs your server’s multi-user connection. If you are facing the same, and don’t know what to do in this condition, then simply follow this blog. This will provide you with the practices to resolve the H202 error. You will also get the reasons why you are facing the error.
Why does QuickBooks Error Code H202 Occur?
Besides the improper connection, the QuickBooks H202 error can occur due to other reasons, which we mentioned below:
- Wrong configuration of hosting settings.
- Conflict with the DNS Server.
- When the QuickBooks services are disabled on the server.
- Due to damage or corruption in the. ND (Network Data) files.
- When QuickBooks is unable to detect the host system IP address.
- QuickBooks internal services such as QBFC Monitor or QuickBooks DBXX are not performing on the server computer.
- The server computer’s firewall prevents communication, whether it is incoming or outgoing.
- QuickBooks Database Server Manager is not answering.
Also, read : quickbooks online payroll issues
After knowing about the reasons for the H202 error QuickBooks occurrence, you also must know about the symptoms.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error Code H202
When the errors occur, you can observe the listed below symptoms:
- You can’t work on the multi-user mode and can’t perform the switching.
- The QuickBooks screen freezes or does not respond to your command.
- Sudden shutdown of the Windows.
- The system display becomes blurred.
- Other programs also hang for a while.
These are the symptoms when QuickBooks H202 errors occur. Now, let’s resolve it.
How to Determine QuickBooks Error Code H202?
The error H202 fixation process includes two methods; one is using QuickBooks Tool Hub, and another is with Manual Process. Now, without wasting time, let’s fix it.
Use QuickBooks Tool Hub
The Tool Hub is a combination of diagnostic tools that can fix many QuickBooks errors, including the error code H202. To fix the error, you have to download QuickBooks tool hub. After the download and installation, go through the following:
Run QuickBooks Database Server Manager
The QuickBooks Database Server Manager is the one that is responsible for sharing the company file over the network. The server computer stores your computer company files. The computers that are connected to the network are your workstations. Whenever the QuickBooks error code h505 occurs, you can use QBDB Server Manager to fix it.
- Firstly, open QuickBooks Tool Hub and click on the Network Issues tab.
- Secondly, click on the QuickBooks Database Server Manage If QuickBooks is not installed on the server, it will request you to install it.
- After that, from the QBDB Server Manager, if you can see the company file folders, click on Start Scan. If you can’t see the file, click on Browse to get the company file location and then click on Start Scan.
- Now, the QBDB Server Manager will fix the firewall permission
- When the scan finishes, click on Close.
- Open QuickBooks on each workstation that shows the H202 error code.
- Next, choose the File option and then Switch to Multi-user Mode. If the workstation is the server computer, also check it.
Run QuickBooks File Doctor
QuickBooks error code H202 can occur due to damaged/corrupted company files. As it can’t be shared with corruption. So it is necessary to fix it before sharing and switching to multi-user mode. The following are the steps:
- Launch the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Then, pick the Company File Issues
- Now, choose Run QuickBooks File Doctor. It will open in one minute. (When the File Doctor doesn’t open, you have to Search it manually and then open it)
- After that, choose the damaged company file using the dropdown menu. However, if your company file is not in the dropdown, then click on the Browse option and choose your file.
- Next, click on the Check My File option and then the Continue button to fix QuickBooks error code H202.
- When asked, provide the QuickBooks Admin Password and then hit Next to proceed.
- Now, the company file will be scanned for the error; scan time depends upon the company file size and can take 5 minutes.
- After the fixation, check if your workstation can switch to multi-user mode, then, you are good to go, and your error is fixed.
How to Settle QuickBooks Error Code H202 Manually?
In this section, we will fix the error H202 in QuickBooks manually. To resolve the following are the steps:
Also, read : QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error
Check Services on Your Server
Here, we will ensure that the QuickBooks services are operating well on your server computer. Follow the steps for checking QuickBooks DBXX and perform the same steps for the QBFC Monitor Service.
Essential for Full Program
If you are operating QuickBooks full version on the server computer, then you have to enable multiple-user hosting to fix QuickBooks error code H202. For the go with the following:
- On your server computer, open QuickBooks.
- Then, click on the File menu and pick the “Utilities” option.
- After that, if you see the Host Multi-User Access option, then choose it. You don’t have to choose the Stop Hosting Multi-User Access option.
- Firstly, go to the Windows Start menu from your server computer.
- Then type Run in the Windows search and open it.
- Now, in the Run box, compose “services. MSC” and press the Enter
- After that, search and double-click the QuickBooks DBXX from the list. The XX notifies the QuickBooks version.
- Next, for the Start Type, click on Automatic.
- Afterward, ensure that the Service Status is Started or Running. If not, then click on Start.
- Now, click on the Recovery tab and proceed to fix the QuickBooks error code H202.
- In the next step, choose to Restart the Service from the dropdown menus: First Failure, Second Failure, and Subsequent Failures.
- Click on Apply and then OK.
- Repeat the same steps for QBCF Monitor Service.
- When done with the steps, open QuickBooks on each workstation.
- Finally, go to the File menu and then click on Switch to Multi-user Mode.
Also, read : QuickBooks Error PS077
The QuickBooks error code H202 can be irritating sometimes. As it prevents processing to the multi-user mode in QuickBooks. The error H202 interrupts the connection. So, to resolve the error, we present you with the troubleshooting methods. We used the QuickBooks Tool Hub and Manual process. You must go with the Tool Hub for the best experience and easy fixation. However, if you fail or face an issue while performing the steps and the error continues, contact our Pro Advisors. You can contact us using the official Email or Live Chat.