QuickBooks Error PS077 is a payroll update error you get while downloading QuickBooks Payroll. As QuickBooks is the best among all accounting programs in the market. But it is also prone to error, and PS077 is one of them. The PS077 error can also occur in the error code PS032, interrupting your payroll updates. So to overcome this situation, we will help you with the troubleshooting methods. We also provide you with the proper explanation for the error occurrence.
The PS077 QuickBooks error also has variations you can encounter while downloading the error. You can see the given payroll update error codes on your screens:
When the error occurs, you will see an error message on the screen:
“QuickBooks: Problem having trouble installing the payroll tax table update.”
Error PS077 When Downloading Payroll Updates
A user has not registered QuickBooks software, or the Company file is damaged or corrupted.
If you see one of these error codes, you don’t have to worry about it. The resolving process for them is also the same as for the error code PS077. Before fixing this, let’s go through why you are getting this error while payroll is updated.
Reasons for QuickBooks Error PS077?
This section will provide the proper explanation for the QuickBooks Payroll Error PS077. Sometimes, the mistake can be from the user side. Although we provide you with the reasons given below:
- Firewall settings can be the primary reason you cannot download the payroll update.
- When you provide the wrong Billing Information.
- When QuickBooks can’t access the software registration information.
- A damaged file in the CPS folder is also a reason for the error.
- Due to incorrect intent connection settings.
Fix your QuickBooks Error PS077
Following the given methods, fix your error PS077 and download the payroll updates.
Method 1: Register and Update QuickBooks
In the first method, try to register and update your QuickBooks. As registering the QuickBooks will fix the authorization issue while updating. Whereas Updating QuickBooks will end minor issues which are interrupting the downloading process.
Also, read : quickbooks download
If you don’t know about your QuickBooks is registered or not, then check it with the following steps:
- Firstly, from the keyboard, press the F2 key to access the QuickBooks Desktop Product Information.
- When the product information window opens, check for the Activated status in front of the License Number.
If it is not activated, follow the given steps to activate or register your QuickBooks Desktop, then fix the QuickBooks error PS077.
Register or Activate Your QuickBooks Desktop
- From your QuickBooks Desktop, go to the Help
- Then, click on Activate QuickBooks Desktop option
- After that, confirm your details with on-screen steps.
After the activation, you must completely update your QuickBooks Desktop application to fix the QuickBooks error PS077. Following are the steps for both operating systems:
Steps for QuickBooks Desktop on Windows Operating System
- Firstly, launch your QuickBooks.
- Then, click on the Help
- Select the Update QuickBooks Desktop
- Your QuickBooks Desktop will complete in some time.
- In the next step, click on the Yes option when prompted.
- At last, restart your system and then try to download the update again.
Steps for QuickBooks Desktop on Mac Operating Systems
- From, the QuickBooks go to the Menu.
- Then, select the Check for QuickBooks Updates
- Click on the Install
- Lastly, restart your QuickBooks Desktop application.
After the update, fix the QuickBooks error PS077 by downloading the latest Payroll Tax Table.
Download Latest Payroll Tax Table
- Open the Employees tab from QuickBook
- Then, click on Get the Payroll Updates
- Here, select Download Entire Update
- After that, click on Download Latest
- When the download finishes, you get a completion message.
Method 2: Check the Payroll Subscription
Sometimes, when the Payroll Service subscription ends, and you try to download the updates, this is also a reason for QuickBooks error PS077. So, check your payroll subscription with the following steps:
- First, close all your company files.
- Then, Restart your computer for a fresh start.
- After that, open QuickBooks and then click on the Employees
- Now, you have to click on the My Payroll Service and then choose Manage Service Key.
- Here, make sure that the Service Name and Status are right, and these must be shown as Active.
- In the next step, click Edit and Verify Your Service Key Number. If it displays incorrect, enter the correct key number.
- Click on Next and then unmark the Open Payroll Setup
- Now, click on Finish.
- After that, perform the updates once again.
Method 3: Use Quick Fix My Program
Quick Fix My Program is a diagnostic tool, part of QuickBooks Tool Hub, that can easily fix the QuickBooks error PS077. So use the tool with the following steps:
Note: If you don’t have the QuickBooks Tool Hub installed on the system. So download and install the Tool Hub first. Always download the Tool Hub on the server computer where QuickBooks is originally installed.
- Open the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Then, go to the Program Problem
- Click on the Quick Fix My Program.
- Now, the Quick Fix My Program will run a scan to fix the QuickBooks error PS077 and other bugs.
- When the scan completes, download the Latest Payroll Tax Table.
Also, read : quickbooks update error 1603
Method 4: Rename CPS Folder
Renaming the CPS folder is also a method to fix the QuickBooks error PS077. Locate and rename the folder with the following steps:
- Press the Windows keys to access File Explorer.
- Secondly, select C Drive from the left menu.
- Now, open the Program File
- In the next step, search and locate the QuickBooks Desktop Folde
- Here, from the folder, open the Payroll Folder.
- Now, from the folder list, right-click on the CPS Folder and then choose Rename Folder.
- After that, rename The CPS Folder’s name by typing OLD in the last of the folder and pressing the Enter
- Now the folder will seem like CPSOLD.
- Next, Create A New CPS folder and launch the QuickBooks Desktop
- At last, download the latest payroll tax table.
Call of Action
Now, you can fix the QuickBooks error PS077 quickly. We have to provide you with the 4 methods executed by the experts. Experts always recommend updating the QuickBooks Desktop to ignore these types of errors. However, if you have any difficulty following the steps or the error again and again continues, please reach our Experts through Email or Live Chat. They will guide you to better in resolving the error.