Run And Organize Your Business With QuickBooks Download
QuickBooks is top-notch accounting software for small and medium-sized businesses. It allows business owners to completely take charge of their business finances and manage it in a highly organized form. Intuit developed QuickBooks, which ensures that users access a lot of functionalities to manage business-related accounting, such as payroll functions, banking tracking, and reconciliation, performing transactions, creating payroll tables, and much more. QuickBooks download is available for both Windows and Mac Operating Systems. Although using the software isn’t difficult, people generally get confused while downloading and installing the software on their systems. So, here you will find valuable information for the same. But before starting the downloading process, you should know about the QuickBooks system requirements.
What are the System Requirements for QuickBooks Download ?
There are particular hardware, operating systems, database servers, and browser requirements to download QuickBooks successfully on Windows and Mac.
You must ensure that you have the processor, RAM, disk space, Windows, and screen resolution described below for QuickBooks download. Only then can you leverage the numerous features of the software.
- Process of 2.4 GHz.
- Operating System 4 GB RAM. But 8 GB would be better.
- You need a disk space of 2.5 GB.
- A disk space of 2.5 GB for storing QuickBooks files and folders.
- US version of Windows is essential to Download QuickBooks Desktop.
- Administrator rights for the server computer to host multi-user access.
- Screen resolution of 1280 X 1024 or higher.
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6 Runtime.
Before executing the QuickBooks download, you must meet the following criteria. QuickBooks is compatible with the operating systems mentioned below.
- Windows Server 2019, both Standard and Essentials.
- Windows Server 2016, both Standard and Essentials.
- Windows 8.1 and Windows 10
- Windows Server 2012, both Standard and Essentials.
- Windows Server 2012 R2, both Standard and Essentials
Like the operating system, QuickBooks downloads are compatible with a specific number of database servers. They are as follows.
- Linux Red Hat Enterprise 8
- Linux OpenSuse Leap 15.1 and 15.2
- Linux Fedora 31 and 32
- Windows 8.1 and Windows 10
- Windows Server 2012 R2, both Standard and Essentials
- Windows Server 2012, both Standard and Essentials
- Windows Server 2019, both Standard and Essentials
- Windows Server 2016, both Standard and Essentials
You need Internet Explorer 11 (32-bit) and a good internet connection to carry out QuickBooks free download and use the software.
QuickBooks downloads are compatible with different software. Here is a list of all of them.
- Office 2016 (both 32 and 64-bit) and Office 2019.
- Office 2013 (32 and 64-bit).
- Outlook 2013 and 2016 are compatible with the QuickBooks app download.
- Microsoft 365, Yahoo, Gmail, Outlook, and similar email clients that support the SMTP protocol are compatible with QuickBooks. You can use them for email estimates and invoices.
- To create letters, you will need MS Word 2013, 2016, 2019, or MS 365.
- To export reports, you can use MS Excel 2013, 2016, 2019, or MS 365.
- QB Point of Sale V12.0, V18.0, and V19.0.
- The Pro series tax years 2018, 2019, and 2019 are also compatible.
- QuickBooks Desktop is compatible with Quicken 2019, 2017, 2018, 2019, and 2020.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 9.0 or later for viewing forms, payroll, and business planners.
QuickBooks Premier 2021 Desktop Pro and Enterprise 21.0 can function well with a set of antivirus programs. They include the following antivirus compatible with QuickBooks download:
- All versions of Windows 8.1 Firewall and Windows Server Firewall.
- Microsoft Security Essentials
- Norton LifeLock
- Malware Bytes
If you want to download QuickBooks for Mac 2020, you must meet specific minimum system requirements. They are as follows.
- Intel processor (you must have Core 2 Duo or a higher version)
- You must have at least macOS 10.4
- The user should also have a multi-user server. The processor must be Intel Core 2 Duo or a higher version.
- 250 MB disk space and 2 to 4 GB RAM for QuickBooks app download
- You should have a printer that’s compatible with Macintosh. It’s essential for those who need to print checks, invoices, deposits, slips, etc.
- For a successful download installation, you should have a good internet connection.
- Always use Intuit Checks if you want to print them.
- Product registration is mandatory.
Different QuickBooks Download Versions
You can carry out QuickBooks Desktop download free of various versions. Note that you can have a free trial of the software so that you can decide if the features are appropriate for your needs. To download, install, and use the software regularly, you must purchase it from Intuit’s website. Here are the different versions of QuickBooks you can use.
- QuickBooks 2010 and 2009.
- QuickBooks 2011
- QuickBooks 2012
- QuickBooks 2013
- QuickBooks 2014
- QuickBooks 2015 Enterprise
- QuickBooks 2015, Premier, Pro, and Accountant
- QuickBooks 2016
- QuickBooks Premier, Pro, and Accountant 2017
- QuickBooks Desktop 2018
- QuickBooks Desktop Pro 2019
- QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise 2019
- QuickBooks Desktop 2020
- QuickBooks Desktop Pro 2020
- QuickBooks Pro 2021
- QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise 2021
- QuickBooks Mac 2021
How to Purchase and Perform QuickBooks Download
After completing the essential system requirements for the QuickBooks app download, you can purchase and download the software. Follow these stepwise steps to download QB.
- Visit the Intuit QuickBooks official website.
- Choose the QuickBooks version you wish to download. You can also perform QuickBooks Enterprise, Pro, or Premier download.
- After that, you will be redirected to the payment page. Complete your debit or credit card details for the payment processes to purchase QuickBooks.
- Now you will get your QuickBooks License and Product key on your primary email.
- You will also receive a confirmation email on your email ID.
- Click on the QuickBooks download button from that mail to initiate the downloading procedure.
- Find a suitable location to save the downloaded file on your system. It is usually stored in the System Download folder.
- Lastly, click on the ‘Finish’ option after completing the download process.
The Steps to Install and Activate QuickBooks Download
After you finish the download process, you can begin installing it. Go through these guidelines to install QB on your system.
- Go to the QuickBooks.exe file location.
- Choose and run the QuickBooks download installation file.
- Click on Next.
- When you see View License Agreement on the Window, click on Accept & Continue button.
- Enter the QuickBooks License and Product Number, and click Next. If you don’t have one, Click on the Locate License/Product Number option.
- You will see two install options.
Pick a suitable way to install QuickBooks
There are two ways to install the QuickBooks download on the system. The first one is through the Express Install, and the second one is through the Network Install. It’s best to pick the installation that’s suitable for your needs.
You should choose this option for installing QuickBooks if:
- It's your first time using the software.
- If you are reinstalling QuickBooks.
- If you plan to use the software on a single system, not a computer network.
Perform Express Install for QuickBooks Downloads:
- Navigate to the Express option.
- Now, on this option, tap 'Next.'
- Choose 'install'.
Custom and Network Install
You must go for the Custom and Network install, if:
- You are installing QuickBooks from the default location to another location, like on a server.
- Hosting company files over a server.
- Creating a multi-user network.
Perform Custom and Network Install for QuickBooks Download:
- Choose the Custom and Network install, and click next.
- Choose the “How you will utilize QuickBooks” option.
- Click on Change the Install Location.
- Click Browse and choose a location for QuickBooks files and Folders.
- Click Next to begin the installation.
- After installation, open QuickBooks.
After completing the QuickBooks download and installing any by using the options above, it’s time to activate it. Here are the steps you must follow to activate the software.
- Navigate to the QuickBooks application.
- Now, from the ‘Help’ menu, choose the ‘Activate QuickBooks Desktop’ option.
- Finally, verify your data by inputting the license code to activate QB on your system.
QuickBooks Online V/S QuickBooks Desktop
Usually, businesses new to experimenting with QuickBooks downloads find themselves wondering about the software version they should choose. QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Online are the two most popular versions. You must select one that aligns well with your unique accounting requirements.
QuickBooks Online is the perfect solution for organizations that do not require advanced inventory tracking. Businesses like small businesses or start-ups. As it’s cloud-based, you can carry bookkeeping from anywhere, anytime, without the need to back up your data. In contrast, organizations that have heavy inventory costing needs should use QuickBooks Desktop. You must ensure that your data is backed up while using the software.
Choose QuickBooks Desktop if you desire to leverage industry-specific functionalities of QB Premier or Enterprise. You must also use it if you wish to have a locally-installed software and have sales orders.
QuickBooks is the best for your business accounting. As this guide provides all the information for QuickBooks download. With this, you can download any version of QuickBooks of your choice. You can use the features of different versions listed in this article to find a suitable one. You can also decide between QuickBooks Online and Desktop as per your accounting needs. If you need more assistance choosing the right version or using the software, feel free to speak with QuickBooks technical support services.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1 How do I find the QuickBooks download version on my computer?
Here's how you can find the QuickBooks download version installed on your computer:
1. Login to your account.
2. Then, locate the gear button (settings).
3. Now, select Account and Settings.
4. After that, select the Billing & Subscription tab. From there, you can find the QuickBooks version you're using on your computer. You can repeat these steps for any version.
2How do I find the QuickBooks downloads license and product number?
To find the QuickBooks downloads license and product number, use these steps:
1. Open QuickBooks.
2. Go to the Company tab.
3. Now, select "My company" from the drop-down list.
4. From here, on the right hand side, see the Manage Your Account section. Here, you will find the license number and the product key. You can also note down the license key and product number.
3Can I download QuickBooks on my personal and office computer?
Yes, you can Download QuickBooks on your personal and office computers. But, those should be owned by one person. For that, you can purchase a single-user license. This enables you to install QuickBooks on two computers. However, according to the terms, you can use each system separately but run only one installation at a time. But, if you purchase another version of quickbooks, it lets you use it on more than two computers such as quickbooks enterprise.
4What's new in the QuickBooks desktop download 2022 for Windows?
Many features have been added to the latest quickbooks version. When you install the QuickBooks desktop download file 2022 you'll see the new interface. Pro and Premier products will only be available as Pro Plus and Premier Plus subscriptions. Thus, you experience more innovative, value-added and productive solutions. Furthermore, Plus users benefit from a faster and more efficient interface.
5 Why upgrade from QuickBooks 2021 download to QuickBooks 2022?
There are several benefits to upgrading from QuickBooks 2021 download to 2022. You get the latest features, security fixes, and software updates for their third-party operating system.
The computational power is up to 30% faster, which saves more time. Furthermore, it provides you with unlimited assistance and data recovery without applying any extra cost. Forever, you can install the QuickBooks Desktop app on your mobile phone that lets you work more efficiently.
6 How do I install the QuickBooks enterprise 2021 download file on my PC?
To install the QuickBooks Enterprise 2021 download, you must set up a network first. After that, double-tap the downloaded file on your system to install it. When installing the setup on the server, choose the installation type (Express install or custom network install). After that, follow the onscreen prompt to complete the installation. Then, configure the Database server manager.
7Is QuickBooks 2019 download available in all versions for Windows?
Yes, QuickBooks 2019 Download is available in all versions. It allows users to run their business smoothly by managing their accounts, keeping track of their invoices and payments, producing reports, filing taxes, etc. These include Pro, Premier, Accountant Plus, Mac, and Enterprise. Each edition of QuickBooks 2019 offers users some extra features and functionalities.
8 What are the essential QuickBooks tool hub download requirements?
There are two essential QuickBooks tool hub download requirements. You need to meet these requirements before installing the Tool hub on your system; these are
1. Microsoft .NET Framework
2. Microsoft Visual C++ redistributable package. If any of these Microsoft components are missing, you will have trouble running QuickBooks. For example, you may run into a QuickBooks error. Or, you may get issues when installing the Tool hub or missing components etc.