QuickBooks is the best accounting payroll program. QuickBooks Payroll provides an Online Payroll service for all small and medium-scale businesses. It consists of advanced payroll features that make payroll activities easy. The users can avail of features like automatic tax calculations, free transactions, e-payments, and many others. When QuickBooks Payroll faces any network connectivity issues, a QuickBooks Payroll Issues message appears on the screen: “QuickBooks Payroll Not working”, “QuickBooks Payroll Network Problem”, or “QuickBooks Connection Error”.
Payroll issues clearly explain that QuickBooks Payroll can’t connect to the internet. It is a must to fix this issue to perform the Payroll activities. With this blog, we will help you fix these payroll issues in QuickBooks.
These QuickBooks Payroll problems can occur for various reasons why your QuickBooks Payroll can’t establish any connection to the network. Here we will also go through the reasons why QuickBooks Online Payroll issues occur.
Primary Reason for QuickBooks Payroll Issues
There are many other factors besides the connection to QuickBooks online payroll problems, which are listed below.
- Incorrect billing details.
- When accessing the corrupted QuickBooks company file.
- When the tax table is not updated to the latest.
- Due to the utilization of the QuickBooks multi-user mode for sending payroll data.
- Common internet connection issues.
- Due to the wrong system and date settings.
- Due to the security firewall software settings.
Also read : QuickBooks Payroll Enhanced
Different Types of QuickBooks Payroll Issues
Different payroll issues occur in QuickBooks; these issues are:
- QuickBooks Error Code 15240
- QuickBooks Payroll Error PS077
- Payroll Error PS058
- QuickBooks Payroll Update Errors
- QB Payroll Error PS033
- QuickBooks Payroll Error 30159
- QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 17337
- QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Error PS107
- Intuit QuickBooks Payroll Error 15102
- Intuit QuickBooks Error PS032
Also, read : Quickbooks downloads
How to Get Rid of QuickBooks Payroll Issues?
Here we will provide you with the solutions you can opt for and fix your payroll issues in QuickBooks.
It is recommended to send payroll after each solution and see it fixed. Also, ensure that you are not using the multi-user mode for sending payrolls; always use the single-user mode.
1. Reboot Your Computer
You must restart your computer whenever the QuickBooks payroll is not working and showing QuickBooks payroll issues. It will end other processes which are interrupting QuickBooks in the background. After the restart, open the QuickBooks payroll and try to send payroll.
2. Execute a QuickBooks Repair
Sometimes, due to the damaged QuickBooks program, you are unable to send the payroll and thus encounter QuickBooks Payroll issues. So to rectify the issues, you have to repair the QuickBooks program with the following steps:
- Firstly, you have to press the Windows + R keys to access the Run window.
- Secondly, type Control Panel in the Run field and press Enter or OK
- When the Control Panel opens, select the Programs tab.
- Now, from the Programs and Features, select Uninstall a Program.
- After that, you can see a list of programs.
- From the program’s list, choose QuickBooks and click on Change. Or you can right-click on QuickBooks and choose the Change option.
- When the QuickBooks installation window appears, click on the Next
- Now, choose the Repair option from the Maintenance Window and click on the Next
- At last, click on the Finish button when the repair is complete.
3. Perform a Clean QuickBooks Installation
If the repair doesn’t help fix the QuickBooks Payroll issues, you must perform a clean install. In this, we will uninstall QuickBooks, remove all the installation folders, and then install QuickBooks again. It will refresh QuickBooks and also be bug-free. Follow the given steps.
- Open the Control Panel with the above steps.
- Then, go to Programs>>Programs and Features>> Uninstall a Program.
- After that, choose the QuickBooks Programs and click on the Uninstall
- Now, click on Uninstall from the Uninstallation window that appears.
- In some time, QuickBooks will be uninstalled.
Remove QuickBooks Installation Folders
After uninstalling QuickBooks, let’s remove the QuickBooks installation folders with the following and proceed to fix the QuickBooks payroll issues.
1. Go to the following location and remove the installation folders.
- C:\Program Files\Intuit
- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit
- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Intuit
- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Common Files\Intuit
- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents (Shared Documents)\Intuit
When you successfully remove all the installation folders, you have to install the QuickBooks program again. After installing QuickBooks, check for payroll issues.
4. Update the QuickBooks Payroll Tax Table
An outdated QuickBooks Payroll tax table also leads you to the QuickBooks Payroll issues. You can fix the issue by downloading the latest updated payroll tax table: You can do this with the following steps:
Note: After January 2021, the QuickBooks disk delivery has been discontinued. So you can no longer download the tax table updates through CD.
- Firstly, you have to go to the Employees tab from QuickBooks.
- Then, click on get Payroll Updates.
- After that, mark the Download Entire Update
- Now, click on Download Latest Update.
- When the download completes, an information window will pop out.
5. Rename CPS Folder in System
Renaming the CPS Folder will help you quickly fix the QuickBooks Payroll issues. Go through the following steps:
- First, you have to update the QuickBooks Payroll tax table. (Update Tax table from solution 3).
- After that, open File Explorer and go to or copy and paste the given location: – C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks 20XX\Components\Payroll\CPS.
- In the location, XX indicates the QuickBooks year version, such as QuickBooks 2020, QuickBooks 2021, etc.
- After reaching the location, right-click on the CPS folder and choose Rename.
- Now, add the old one at the end of the folder, like CP SOLD.
- At last, check for the payroll problem is resolved.
6. Disable User Account Interface
Go through the following steps and resolve your QuickBooks payroll issues:
- Open the Control Panel.
- Go to the User Accounts.
- Then, click on the User Account (Classic View)
- Now, go to the User Account Control Settings tab and click on the Never Notify
- Lastly, check for the issue.
Also, read : QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error
7. Change System Time and Date
The system time and date are also responsible for the Payroll issues in QuickBooks. An incorrect date and time will create issues in automatic payroll settings. So you have to correct the system time and date with the following means:
- Go to Windows Star
- Then, reach Settings.
- From Settings, you have to click on Time & Language.
- Now, click on Date & Time.
- Lastly, change the Time and Date according to your time zone.
8. Flush the DNS via Command Prompt
Using the Command prompt, you can fix the QuickBooks payroll issues by flushing the DNS. Go through the given steps:
- Open the Run window by pressing the Windows + R
- Then, type CMD in the Run field and click OK to open the command prompt.
- Now, in the command prompt, type ipconfig/flushing, and press the Enter
- After that, try to resent the payroll and check for the QuickBooks payroll not working issue.
9. Clear Browser Cache and Cookies
QuickBooks Payroll issues can occur due to the browser’s cache and cookies. When you redirect to the browser from the QuickBooks desktop, the cache and cookies prevent access. Thus you face QuickBooks Online payroll issues. So to resolve the payroll issues, it must clear the cache and cookies with the following steps:
- Firstly, go to the Browser Menu.
- Secondly, go to More Tools and choose Clear Browsing History.
- Now, choose a Date Range to clear cookies and caches.
- After choosing, click on the Clear Data button.
- At last, check for payroll issues.
Also Read: QuickBooks Paystub Password
QuickBooks Payroll Issue: Final Words
Now, you know how to tackle the QuickBooks Payroll s. You can go with the above-stated solutions to fix the payroll issues. If none of the above solutions don’t work in fixing the issues, then you can contact us via Email, Live Chat, or Call us. Our ProAdvisors will assist in solving your payroll issue.