Payroll is an advanced cultivated feature of QuickBooks accounting software. It ensures flawless and uninterrupted payroll processing. Though Payroll is also prone to errors, even a single mistake can induce errors in different payroll operations. Usually, many users confront QuickBooks Error 15222 while downloading payroll or QBs updates. However, resolving this problematic error could be a challenging job if you have the less technical knowledge or skills. We are here with a comprehensive solving guide, so feel free to implement the instructions for an instant solution.
What Is QuickBooks Error 15222?
QuickBooks 15222 Error is the most aggravating error that prevents you from downloading or updating your QuickBooks Payroll. So, receiving such a particular error code during payroll updates is literally dreadful. Furthermore, we have to sort out the issue from the root so that you can continue with downloading the payroll or QBs Desktop update.
When quickbooks update error 15222 Occurs?
QuickBooks Error 15222 Code usually occurs at the time of attempting to download the latest payroll update. And, unfortunately, QuickBooks couldn’t establish an internet connection to begin downloading the recently launched files. When the issue appears for whatever reason, the update will be incomplete or unsuccessful.
For What Reasons, QuickBooks Error 15222 Arises?
The major reason for encountering this error is the misconfiguration in the web browser settings – Internet Explorer. Though, several specific causes can also lead to the Error 15222 QuickBooks issue. Some of the most feasible reasons are here. Have a glimpse:
- Outdated or previous version of QuickBooks download.
- A few System security applications probably prevent QuickBooks from accessing the internet connection and hence result in the QuickBooks Error 15222 Code.
- Most probably, you are using some other browser like Firefox or safari despite using Internet Explorer.
- Maybe the user has not sign up with an administrator account on Windows.
- Incorrect date and time of your computer also trigger QBs to show payroll update error 15222.
- A file or component for payroll updates can be probably missing.
Effectual Methods To Quickly Resolve QuickBooks Error 15222
In order to efficiently get rid of QuickBooks Update Error 15222, implement the intuitive directives mentioned below. Go through the top-to-toe steps accordingly and solve your issue in a pinch. Let’s begin to follow!
Method 1: Install Digital Signature Certificate In Your Default Browser (IE)
Here’s what to execute for the same:
- First and foremost, close the QuickBooks Desktop application if running on your system.
- Next, place a right-click on the “QBW32.exe” icon and then select “Properties”.
- Afterward, choose the “Digital Signature” tab by hitting Intuit Inc. in the list of signatures.
- Inside the “Digital Signature” details, click the “Details” option and then choose the option “View certificate”.
- Now, in the certificate window, choose the “Install Certificate” option and then tap the “Next” button.
- Once done, click on the “Finish” tab to complete the installation process.
- Start your computer system again after the completion of the entire procedure. Then, try to open and download the quickbooks Payroll Issues to check if the QuickBooks Error 15222 is been sorted out or still persists.
Method 2: Update Antispyware & Security Software
If you have Antivirus software, antimalware or antispyware to protect your computer, make sure all these security programs are up to date. Also, ensure to add the QuickBooks processes and domains to the list of expectations in the security program settings.
- Processes: qbupdate.exeandqbw32.exe
- Domains: QuickBooks.com, Intuit.com, Payroll.com, QBW32.exe, qbupdate.exe
After you have done with the entire process of updating this software, check if Error 15222 QuickBooks is being disappeared or yet exists. Moving on to the next solving tips if the same error arises during payroll update.
Method 3: Correct The Date & Time Of Your Computer
Make sure the time and date of your Windows PC are correct. Here’s how to verify it:
- At the bottom right side of the screen, you can see the Time. You only have to give a click on it.
- Doing so the Date and Time Settings window will open up.
- Now, check if the current date and time are correct or not. If it is incorrect, then tap the “Change date and time” tab and correct the time and date.
- Afterward, tap the “Change Time” zone.
- Now, you have to choose the Zone and select your correct time zone.
- If the system is on a network, then go to the account and make sure that the date and time are correctly set.
Method 4: Upgrade The Internet Explorer Settings
Here’s how to do it with no hassle:
- In the very first step, go to the “Tools” menu.
- Then, head to the “Internet Options”.
- And, click on “General” and choose the “Delete” option.
- Now, remove all the Temporary Internet files, excluding cookies.
- Thereafter, open “Connections” and tap on the “LAN settings”.
- Put a checkmark next to the “Automatically Detect Settings” checkbox.
- Make sure that the “Proxy servers” are blank; otherwise most probably you won’t have access to the server.
- After that, press the “OK” button and head to the “Advanced” option.
- Now, checkmark the boxes against SSL 2.0 and SSL 3.0.
- You also have to ensure that there is no checkmark against the Check for the publisher’s certificate. If it is so, uncheck it.
- On the same “Advanced” tab, slightly scroll down towards the bottom and make sure that there is a checkmark beside the “TLS 1.2” option. If not, put it.
- Make sure there are no checkmarks against TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1. If they are marked, then remove the checkmarks by clicking on their checkboxes.
Method 5: Make Sure the Default Browser Is Internet Explorer
One of the most apparent causes that trigger QuickBooks Payroll Error 15222 Code is internet explorer not being selected as a default browser. That’s why it is extensively essential to make I.E your default browser. Here are the required steps you have to follow:
- First and foremost, launch Internet Explorer on your computer.
- Subsequently, click on the “Internet” options under the “Tools” menu.
- Afterward, click on the “Make default” option under the “Programs” tab.
- Finally, click “OK”.
- Once done with the above-said course of action, try to update the QuickBooks software. Check if the error still bothers you or has been exterminated from the root. Hopefully, the snag must be resolved.
Method 6: Turn Off Windows Firewall Program
Here’s how you can modify the Windows Firewall Settings on your computer system:
- In the beginning step, you need to click the Windows Start button.
- Then, in the next step, head to the “Settings” section.
- Afterward, give a click on the “Windows Security” tab and select the “Firewall and network protection” option.
- After that, choose “Public network, domain, and private network” in a given-sequential way.
- In the end, switch off the Windows defender. Doing this will disable your firewall program and probably disappear the Error 15222 QuickBooks
If, in case, still the same error code persists during your QBs installation or payroll updating, jump to the next fixing tips.
Also, read : Quickbooks Error h505
Method 7: Utilize The QuickBooks Tool Hub
QuickBooks Tool Hub is basically developed by Intuit to identify the root cause and exterminate the errors instantly from the root. Thus, there is no better way than running the QBs Tool Hub to diagnose QuickBooks Error 15222. Let’s use it right away:
- First, browse the official website of Intuit, and download the “QuickBooks Tool Hub.”
- Once you have downloaded the tool hub, run the QBsToolHub.exe file and install it completely.
- After the installation, launch the Tool Hub utility program on your Windows.
- Then, go to “Program Problems”, and click the “Quick Fix my program” tab. Doing so will run the tool for error identification and rectification.
- Once the process ended, open the QB Desktop application.
- Go to the data file to check the error 15222 that you encountered has now been resolved.
Method 8: Run The QBs File Doctor Tool
Inside the tool hub program, the QuickBooks File Doctor tool is available, which is a one-stop solution for Company Files and network-related issues. So, after executing the file doctor tool, error 15222 will possibly be rectified. Let’s use it:
- First, launch the installed QuickBooks Tool Hub program on your computer.
- Now, tap “Program Problems” and opt for the “Run QuickBooks File Doctor” tab.
- Now, click the “Repair the file for your existing version of QuickBooks” toggle button to select it.
- Afterward, press the “Next” button.
- Once the file repairing process completes, check if the QuickBooks Update Error 15222still exists or gets rectified.
Method 9: Test The Cipher Strength
Checking your Cipher strength identifies how strong your internet connection is. Make sure the cipher strength is not weak or lesser than 128 encryption. Otherwise, your default browser will be damaged and hence will prevent you from updating QBs Payroll.
QuickBooks Online Support For QuickBooks Error 15222 Issue
Hoping that, the aforementioned troubleshooting techniques have helped you in rectifying the QuickBooks Error 15222. Within a minimal time of interval, you will be able to cope with such a particular error as the productive solving guide is already proffered to you.
If in case, you yet fail to annihilate the QBs Error Code 15222, don’t feel blue! We, the highly proficient tech specialists are available at the helpline number to serve you with one-stop QuickBooks Online Support at a reasonable cost. Thus, contact us ASAP and resolve your error within a second.