Downloading bank account information is a common phenomenon in accounting software (QuickBooks). However, issues occur when QuickBooks can’t confirm the connection to your bank account, and start facing error 355 on your system. Because of this, you can’t update your bank account or download transactions. Generally, you’ll find this error when unsaved changes in the banking record. You can fix the problem with these fixes.
In technical terms, this implies that API data is inaccurate or misplaced. All of a sudden, your banking activities come to a screeching halt. Obviously, banking alerts always grab your attention.
IN THIS ARTICLE, we will walk you through troubleshooting and resolving error 355. Hence, to save you time, start following the process.
From basic browser troubleshooting in QuickBooks to more complex ones like reconnecting your account, and try things. Let’s learn all about them in detail.
Also, read : quickbooks download
Causes of QuickBooks Online Banking Error 355
To gain a better understanding of this error, learning about its possible causes and its’ essential. Here’s a list of the most probable causes.
- If your bank website is under maintenance or down, you’ll see this error code.
- Any changes made to the user’s banking record that are not saved will result in error code 355.
- If your account is not linked to QuickBooks or disconnected, you’ll deal with this error.
- Any change made in your banking profile will lead to this problem.
- Excessive cookies and site data in your browser are other possible reasons.
Also, read : quickbooks error 15222
Fix QuickBooks Account Connection Error 355
Now that you have a better understanding of the error, let’s get to work on fixing it as thoroughly as possible. Try each solution and see which one works.
Fix the outdated banking profile
Outdated banking profile details can make you run into this error in QuickBooks. So, update the bank details using these points.
- Open QuickBooks
- Navigate to the ‘Banking’ menu tab.
- Select your bank account from the ones you see.
- After that, press ‘Update.’
- Let the update process come to an end.
- Check if the error appears
- If the error is still visible, navigate to the ‘Banking’ tab.
- Choose the account.
- Tap the icon of the pencil adjacent to your account.
- After that, click ‘Edit Sign-in Info.’
- Enter credentials like a username, email ID, and password.
- Tap on ‘Update.’
- Re-open QuickBooks.
- See if the error is still visible
Also, read : quickbooks error 179
Update The PayPal Connection And Reconnect The Account
Another proven method to use when facing QuickBooks feed error 355 is updating the PayPal connection. You could do so by first adding and matching bank transactions, then reconnecting your account.
- Go to the ‘Banking’ menu or the ‘Transactions’ menu in QuickBooks.
- Choose your bank.
- Tap ‘Edit.’
- Next, select ‘Edit Account Info.’
- Mark the “Disconnect this account before saving” checkbox.
- Finally, choose ‘Save and Close.’
- Now, you wouldn’t find this error code displaying.
QuickBooks Online Manual Transactions Upload
If you encounter error 355 and can’t download transactions from Quickbooks desktop to online, try manually uploading the transactions. Here are the guiding steps for this process.
- Launch QuickBooks and select the ‘Transaction’ or ‘Banking’ menu.
- Locate the ‘Upload from file’ or ‘Upload transactions’ option in the ‘Link account’ drop-down menu.
- After that, tap ‘Browse.’
- Now upload the file you downloaded from your financial institution’s website.
- Tap ‘Continue.’
- Move to the drop-down menu of the QuickBooks account and tap ‘Continue.’
- Adhere to the instructions given.
- Ensure to match the file columns with the corresponding fields in QuickBooks.
- Once you do that, tap ‘Continue.’
- Select the transactions you desire to import.
- Now, tap ‘Continue.’
- Tap “Yes” to import transactions.
- Finally, click ‘Done.’
Also, read : quickbooks tool hub download
Optimize your browser
Excessive cache in a web browser is another cause of QuickBooks bank connection error 355. Here are a few things to implement.
1. Clear excessive cache and cookies
- Launch Google Chrome.
- Now, tap the ‘Tools’ icon with three dots. It is present on the top-right portion.
- Choose ‘Settings’ followed by ‘Security and Privacy.’
- Now, tap the ‘Clear browsing data’ option.
- Place a tick beside the following options
- Cookies and other site data
- All time and Time Range
- Cached images and files
- After checking these options, tap ‘Clear data.’
2. Use the Incognito browser mode
Sometimes, clearing cache and cookies may not be enough to fix browser issues. So, go to incognito or private mode in Google Chrome.
To access it, tap ‘Tools’ and select the new Incognito window. It will open a private window. couldAlso, do the same by simultaneously pressing the Ctrl + Shift + N keys.
If none of these methods fix QuickBooks account connection error 355, it’s best to use another browser altogether. Use a compatible browser, such as Mozilla Firefox or Microsoft Edge.
3) Confirm That You Can Access The Bank Websites
You must check if you log in to your bank website via the URL the bank has given for online banking. Use these steps to verify that you can connect to QuickBooks Online through the link.
- Open QuickBooks.
- Select ‘Banking’ from the left menu.
- Next, select the ‘Add Account’ option. Visible at the top-right part of the banking screen.
- Review your financial institution’s name.
- Choose the bank from list of options.
- Look at the top of the window.
- Here, click the link for the website of your bank.
- A Window will appear.
- It will take you to your bank website.
- You must be able to use your account through the website.
Recheck now to view the account details, history, and summary without technical errors.
- Additionally, you should not face any problems in running your account through the bank link if you want to support a connection to your account.
- Now, you won’t complain about QuickBooks
Also read : quickbooks file extension
Check If Your Bank Demands Any Alterations
If you’re done with all the troubleshooting steps to resolve QuickBooks error code 355 but the issue still surfaces, connect with the bank for any alterations. Examine the configuration or if a back-end alert indicates that something is missing.
Generally, it will update your password because the bank has implemented new security features. Do it and check for the error message.
Resolving Banking error 355 is of paramount importance for smooth transactions, especially because of this. The steps outlined above will assist to resolving the system error. If you still have questions or doubts, connect with a QuickBooks technical support expert.
Q ~ What is QB error 355?
The QB online banking error implies that QB can’t extract your bank details. If you are facing this error, you can only pull partial information from the bank API and show the error.
Q~Why can’t I connect my bank account to QuickBooks Online?
To rectify this, first, you need to check if the bank account is linked or not. If not, then
1) First go to the Bookkeeping, select transactions, then select bank transactions (take me there).
2) Freeze the tile for the bank account. Select the Edit button.
3) Select Edit sign-in info.
Update the needed information.
Q~ What are the types of accounts you could use in QuickBooks?
QuickBooks gives you access to all types of accounts, including but not limited to savings accounts, credit card accounts, checking accounts, and money market accounts.