QuickBooks error 179 is a banking error that occurs when users access their bank account through QuickBooks. It makes it impossible to access your account data. The error is a common one, but it hinders your bank from allowing you to download data. Thus, you must fix this error code from the time you see it.
Some effective fixes for this error are to optimize the browser, update your banking data, and use the File Doctor Tool to fix company file issues. You can also fix the Windows Registry if the error persists. In this post, you’ll find a stepwise explanation for these solutions.
Points to Note before Fixing QuickBooks Error 179
You must remember some important considerations when preparing to troubleshoot this error.
- Do not log into your bank from devices such as phones or tablets.
- Ensure to select the correct bank in QuickBooks Online.
- Examine your internet connection and fix it if it’s unstable.
Also, read : quickbooks downloads
Techniques to Fix QuickBooks Error 179
After meeting the considerations above, use these measures.
1. Use the File Doctor tool from QuickBooks.
The File Doctor tool can resolve different types of company file issues in QB Desktop. Here’s how to use it and fix this error.
- Exit QuickBooks
- Now install the QuickBooks Tool Hub from the official Intuit website.
- Adhere to the on-screen instructions for installing the utility.
- Once done, double-tap the ‘Utilities’ icon on your desktop and launch it.
- Now select ‘Company File Issue’ from the tool hub.
- After that, tap ‘Run QuickBooks File Doctor.’
- From the drop-down, choose your company file in QB File Doctor.
- Choose the ‘Check your file’ option and tap ‘Continue.’
- Input the admin Paystub password Quickbooks and tap ‘Next.’
2. Optimize your browser
A browser that’s overloaded with browsing data can cause error 179 QuickBooks. So, removing the data and signing back into your bank account is essential.
- Launch Google Chrome and tap the three-dot icon in the far-right portion.
- Here, choose the ‘Browsing history’ option.
- After clearing the history, sign into your bank’s website.
3. Check that your bank data in QuickBooks is current.
QuickBooks cannot get bank account details if your data does not match the bank details. So, update this data using these points.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop.
- Click ‘Tools.’
- Choose ‘Online Center’ and pick your bank.
- Hit Ctrl and F3 keys simultaneously and choose ‘Contact Info.’
- Configure the branding information to ‘Needs Updating.’
- Modify the information and tap ‘Update/Send.’
- Enter your password.
- Select ‘Update Now.’
- Add the requisite information.
- Now, sign into your bank account.
- Try viewing data from QuickBooks.
- You will not see QB error 179.
4. Fix the corrupt Windows Registry
Sometimes, an issue in the Windows Registry that keeps the settings of QuickBooks Desktop leads to error 179. So, restore this software with these points.
- Launch ‘Register Entry’ in Windows.
- To do so, input ‘command’ in the search field and hold Ctrl and Shift keys.
- In the box that shows, input ‘regedit.’
- Hit Enter.
- You can back up the whole registry.
- Right-click on your computer icon and tap ‘Export.’
- A backup of every software on your system will be made.
- If you don’t desire to back up the entire registry, head to ‘File’ menu.
- Choose the folder you want to save the error 179 and choose .reg quickbooks file extension.
- After the backup of QuickBooks Registry has been made, check if error 179 QuickBooks Desktop persists.
5. Delete several instances of browser logins
Error 179 can also occur when there are multiple browser logins. Here’s how to delete them.
- If you are logged into your bank account, sign out.
- Ensure that no other user has logged into your bank account.
- If someone is using your account, ask them to sign out of it.
- Once you are sure that no one is accessing your account, log out of it.
- If you still find this error, sign out of your bank account and wait for about 20 minutes.
- Then sign back in.
6. Contact the QuickBooks phone support team.
If nothing works, contacting the QuickBooks phone support team is the ideal option.
- Launch QuickBooks.
- Choose the ‘Help’ tab at the top.
- After that, select ‘QuickBooks Desktop Help.’
- Tap ‘Contact Us.’
- Describe the problem and hit the ‘Let’s Talk’ option.
- Select the preferred way to connect with the support team.
What Causes QuickBooks Error 179?
Various reasons can lead to this specific error in QuickBooks. Here are some highly probable reasons.
- A bad network connection in your system.
- Problems in reports like negative invoice values.
- Data missing from the lists.
- Excessive cache in the web browser.
- Several instances of login to the bank website from different devices.
- Issues with the company file.
- Wrong credentials by the user can also result in error 1709 QuickBooks Desktop.
- A virus attack in the system.
- You have forgotten to log out of the current session.
- The balance sheet reports do not show all accounts.
Can You Detect QuickBooks Error Code 179?
Yes, you can find out about the presence of this error with these signs.
- The company files damages or goes missing.
- QuickBooks does not have some crucial entries.
- You find deposited payments mistakenly shown on the ‘Payments to Deposit’ window.
- Discrepancies in reports.
- The transaction log file values don’t tally with the overall number of transactions in QB.
- Other accounts do not have balance sheet reports.
- QuickBooks inputs null values whenever you operate it.
- QuickBooks freezes automatically or doesn’t respond to your commands.
Fix QuickBooks Error 179 in a Hassle-Free Way
If left unresolved, error 179 in QuickBooks becomes a nuisance, as you cannot view your bank account data. It also wastes much of your time that you can otherwise spend elsewhere. Use these resolutions and troubleshoot the error quickly. Contact QuickBooks technical support service if you cannot resolve the issue by yourself.