QuickBooks, as we all know, is the most popular accounting program due to its numerous features. QuickBooks also assists in comparing the accuracy of two related accounts, a process known as reconciliation. It’s similar to balancing your checkbook, which is what you must do in QuickBooks to review the accounts. QuickBooks Online is primarily used for reconciliation. It appears that users are unfamiliar with How to Reconcile in QuickBooks Online. To provide an answer, we delivered this blog containing everything you need to know about reconciliation. This also aids in the reconciliation of your bank accounts in QuickBooks Online. But first, let’s learn more about reconciliation.
What is QuickBooks Online Reconcile?
Reconciliation reviews your QuickBooks Online accounts to ensure they are correct and match your credit card and bank statements. Alternatively, it is a QuickBooks Online module, distinct from where you review and validate your charts of accounts and setup quickbooks bank feed That is how to reconcile in QuickBooks Online works.
Users must reconcile their credit card and bank accounts in QuickBooks Online to ensure that accounts match real-life bank accounts.
When you have the bank statement, and the transaction entered into QuickBooks Online, you can easily compare them. You will be notified when everything matches that your accounts are accurate and balanced. Every month, you should reconcile your savings and checking accounts and your credit card accounts. Let’s take a look at QuickBooks Online reconciles working.
Also, read : what is quickbooks tool hub
How Does QuickBooks Online Reconcile Work?
Before you begin the “how to reconcile in QuickBooks Online” procedure, know its working. You compare your bank statements to checks in QuickBooks online for a specific time period during the reconciliation process. You have to be sure that the bank statements match, and the difference between the bank account and QuickBooks should be $0.00. If not, there will be some minor gaps in payment processing.
How to Reconcile in QuickBooks Online?
In this section, you will learn how to do QuickBooks bank reconciliations without any confusion. So here we go:
Step 1: Verify the Opening Balance
When reconciling the bank for the first time, the first and most important step is to review your opening balance. To start tracking the transaction in QuickBooks, you must match the real-life bank account balance of the chosen day: The steps for How to Reconcile in QuickBooks Online are as follows:
- In the initial step, go to Settings.
- Secondly, select the Chart of Accounts.
- Then, look for the Account and select View Register.
- Now look for the Opening Balance Entry. You can also sort the date column so that the oldest entries appear first.
- After that, select the Opening Balance Entry.
- Then, edit the Date and Amount. Click the Edit button to make changes.
- Lastly, press the Save
Important: When you connect your credit card and bank to online banking, QuickBooks automatically downloads all transactions and enters your opening balance.
After reviewing your opening balance, proceed to the next step in the How to Reconcile in quickbooks download Online process.
Step 2: Begin Reconciliation
- You can begin the reconciliation process more efficiently after receiving your monthly credit card and bank statement. If you want to reconcile multiple months’ statements, combine them into one statement, beginning with the oldest: The steps for reconciling in QuickBooks Online are as follows:
- First, ensure that all downloaded transactions are matched and classified when your accounts are linked to Online Banking.
- Second, from QuickBooks Online, go to Settings and then select Reconcile. Click Get Started, if this is your first time reconciling.
- After that, select Account To Reconcile from the Account Check that the account on the statement is the same.
- Important: If you see the previous reconciliation message, click We Can Help You Fix It. This must be resolved before you begin How to reconcile in QuickBooks Online.
- Now, check the Beginning Balance after that. Check that QuickBooks’s beginning balance matches your statement’s beginning balance.
- Then, on your statement, include the Ending Date and Ending Balance. Some banks call the final balance “Closing Balance” or “New Balance.”
- Afterward, check the Last Statement Ending Date (Last Reconciliation End Date) when you see it. The following day, you present the bank statement.
- At last, click Start Reconciling.
Also, read : convert quickbooks desktop to online
Step 3: Confirm Your Statement
We’ll compare the statements with QuickBooks in the next step of How to Reconcile in QuickBooks Online. For now, go through them one by one. The tricky part is ensuring that you have the correct transaction and date in QuickBooks, which allows you to match everything.
Step 4: Examine Previous Reconciliation
In this section, we will run a reconciliation report to ensure that the work has been completed correctly. The steps are as follows:
- Firstly, choose Accounting or Bookkeeping.
- Then, under Reconcile, select History by Account
- Select the Account And Date range from the dropdown.
You now understand how to reconcile in QuickBooks Online. But what if you need to reverse the reconciliation in QuickBooks Online? You can proceed to the next section for that.
How to undo Reconciliation in QuickBooks Online?
This section will show you how to re-reconcile or undo reconciliation in QuickBooks online. The steps are as follows:
- In the first step, go to Accounting.
- Secondly, select the Chart of Accounts
- Next, look for the transaction account and click on View Register.
- Select the transaction to be unreconciled.
- After that, if the transaction has been reconciled, an “R” will appear on the screen.
- Then, click on Checkbox and repeat until the checkbox is empty. All transactions from the reconciliation will be cleared.
- Lastly, press Save.
If you are a QuickBooks Desktop user and want to how you can perform the undo reconciliation then go through the next section.
How to Undo Reconciliation in QuickBooks Desktop?
Firstly, go to the Banking menu and choose Reconcile.
Then, click on Undo Last Reconciliation.
Now, click on Continue and OK.
Lastly, close the reconcile and reopen it.
Reconcile is the best process to check and match all the credit cards and bank accounts with QuickBooks Online. It will help you get all the accurate transactions. If you compare them properly, then the result will be $0.00. It is mandatory to do a reconciliation monthly to get the statement accurately. However, if you are confused about how to reconcile in QuickBooks Online or having QuickBooks bank reconciliation problems after following the above, contact our ProAdvisors through Email or Live Chat for an immediate solution.