QuickBooks is a vast accounting software that helps many small and medium-sized businesses to organize their small or big finances. It stores all the accounting data in the company file. But sometimes, it’s hard to access the company file, as it undergoes an error QuickBooks error 6123. It makes the company file accessibility level hard. Thus no one can perform any accounting work on it. If you are facing the same and want the answer, you are at the right place. Here are going to explain the reason for the error and the troubleshooting methods that can quickly fix the error. Let’s start with the reasons.
What Causes QuickBooks Error 6123?
The reasons for QuickBooks error code 6123 can be many and varied, but some of the most common include the following:
- The QuickBooks company file may be damaged or corrupt.
- QuickBooks may be trying to access a company file located on a no longer online server.
- Accessing a company file on a mapped drive is no longer accessible.
- The QuickBooks installation may be damaged or corrupt.
- QuickBooks may be trying to access a company file located on a removable drive that is no longer inserted into the computer.
- QuickBooks may be trying to access a company file located on a network share that is no longer accessible.
- The QuickBooks user may need more permissions to access the company file.
- Users log into Windows with a user account that does not have access to the company file.
- QuickBooks may run in multi-user mode, and another user may have the company file open.
- Another application may lock the QuickBooks company file.
When the error 6123 in QuickBooks Desktop occurs, you may face some unwanted things with your system and QuickBooks. Let’s know them in the following section.
Also, read : quickbooks update error 1603
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 6123
Below are the symptoms of the error 6213 occurrences, these are:
- “Error: 6123” appears on the display.
- Your active program window crashes.
- Your PC frequently crashes with Error 6123 when running the same program.
- Windows runs sluggishly.
- Windows responds slowly when you command to mouse or keyboard input.
- You are unable to access QuickBooks files or data.
- QuickBooks slows down your PC performance.
- Company files or data are damaged or corrupted.
- QuickBooks is not responding.
- QuickBooks is not working correctly.
Also, read : quickbooks error h505
How to Resolve QuickBooks Error 6123?
When you try to open or access your QuickBooks company file and encounter an error message, QuickBooks error 6123 is a standard error that can be resolved quickly without the help of QuickBooks experts.
Solution 1: Use QuickBooks File Doctor
Error 6123 in QuickBooks download is usually caused by a damaged or corrupted QuickBooks company file. If you are using a multi-user environment, the error 6123 caused due to damage or corrupt data file. So we are using the QuickBooks File Doctor to QuickBooks error 6123 resolve.
To use it, you need to follow the steps given below.
- Firstly, download and install QuickBooks Tool Hub on your system.
- Secondly, open QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Then, go to the Company File Issues.
- After that, you have to click on the File Doctor Tool.
- Now, select your QuickBooks company file from the dropdown. You can also click Search and Browse to locate the file if it is not in the dropdown.
- In the next step, click on Check on My File and then hit the Next
- The tool will scan the file and fix the damages. The process depends upon the company file size.
- Once the repair process is completed, you can access your QuickBooks company file without issues.
Solution 2: Quick Fix My Program
Sometimes, due to damage in the QuickBooks Program, you might face the QuickBooks error 6123. So we are going to resolve the error with the help of Quick Fix My Program from QuickBooks Tool Hub.
There is no one-click solution to fix error 6123. However, Quick Fix My Program is an excellent tool to help you fix various QuickBooks program errors. Download and install Tool Hub and then program, then run a scan. Quick Fix My Program will automatically repair any errors it finds. The following are the steps:
- First, open QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- After that, click on Program Problems.
- Then, click on Quick Fix my Program.
- The Tool will run a scan to remove the error.
- After the scan, try to open your company file and check for the error.
Solution 3: Update QuickBooks Company File
When the company file is not updated, you may face the QuickBooks error 6123 while accessing it. So it is a must to update the company file to eliminate the issue. To update the QuickBooks company file, follow the given steps:
- Open QuickBook
- Go to the Company men
- Select Update QuickBooks.
- Follow the on-screen means to install the update.
- Once the update install, restart QuickBooks.
Solution 4: Create a New Company File
Create a new file; if you are not able to open QuickBooks in another system, you can try to create a new file. If you can open QuickBooks in another system, you can open QuickBooks and create a new file. Turn-Off the host – multi-user access If you are facing the QuickBooks error 6123 when you are trying to open QuickBooks in the multi-user access mode.
In some cases, users may need help accessing their company files from another computer. This can happen if the file is located on a network drive that is not accessible or if the file is located on a computer that is turned off. In these cases, users can create a new company file by following these steps:
- Go to the File
- Select New Company.
- Enter the required details.
- Then, click Create Company.
- Follow the on-screen means to accomplish the process
- Lastly, click on Start Working.
Solution 5: Rename .ND and .TLG Files
Several things can cause the QuickBooks error 6123, but the most common cause is corruption or damage .ND or .TLG file. If you are experiencing error 6123, it is likely because one of these files is corrupt or damaged. Luckily, there is an easy way to fix this error. All you need to do is rename the .ND and . TLG files. Here are the steps:
- Close QuickBooks and all other programs that are running on your computer.
- Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard to open the Run dialog box.
- Type “C:/ProgramData/Intuit/QuickBooks” into the Run dialog box and press Enter.
- Locate the .ND and .TLG files in the QuickBooks folder and right-click on it.
- After that, rename them to .OLD. like xxxxx.nd.old
- In the end, restart your QuickBooks and try to open your company file.
QuickBooks error 6123 makes it hard for the user to access their company file. This blog presents the five solutions that help you fix the error quickly. Follow the solutions and get access to your company file. However, if the error continues after following the solutions, our ProAdvisors have more solutions to fix the error. Contact them using the Live Chat or Email or directly contact us.