There are many accounting software for small and mid-sized businesses in the market today. One of the most intuitive and straightforward solutions is the QuickBooks Online Simple Start. Using it, you can make several documents, invoices, and balance sheets. This QuickBooks product is beneficial for small enterprises and freelancers. Moreover, it also has mobile applications for iOS and Android. If you’ve been toying with the idea of using it but haven’t yet made up your mind, this article will be helpful. Read on to learn about its chief features and benefits.
What Is QuickBooks Online Simple Start?
This is a version of QuickBooks Online and is suitable for startups. This specific solution is exceptionally easy to understand and use. Through it, you can use the cloud platform to carry out tasks like GST accounting. Using QuickBooks Simple Start, you can also leverage the 24/7 customer care of QuickBooks. Besides, users can also take help from the Learn and Support community of QuickBooks. Thus, you can resolve any queries related to this product in an extremely short time.
Simple Start offers you features like payroll processing to seamlessly compute payroll taxes. Put simply; it is the perfect solution for a growing business.
You can also use the app of this specific variant of QuickBooks Online on your iOS and Android phones. Thus, it’s easy to access it on the go and carry out essential accounting processes.
Also, read : quickbooks downloads
The Tools That QuickBooks Simple Start Online Offers
Free technical support, automated data backup, and timely product updates are some of the great features of this software. Here are the tools that’ll allow you to manage your business efficiently.
- The Simple Start version has the functionality to arrange transactions from connected accounts into tax categories automatically.
- You can employ your smartphone to take pictures of receipts and get them categorized and correspond to expenses.
- You can run general reports, such as balance sheets and profit and loss.
- There are 1099 categories of contractors. You can assign vendor payments to these categories and know whom you’ve paid at what time.
- The Kilometer Tracking feature facilitates receiving payments with ease. It fetches information from the phone’s GPS to display how much distance the sales representatives have covered.
- Using this software, enterprises can place bank transfers and links to payment gateways in their invoices. It minimizes the time that receiving payments usually takes.
- QuickBooks Simple Start Desktop supports more than 600 finance applications. So, business owners can connect their operations to a centralized platform for efficient management.
- This platform updates itself automatically and offers security and feature-related improvements.
Using QuickBooks Simple Start
It is not very complex to set up this software. Here is a stepwise sequence you need to follow to set up and start using it.
- After purchasing the solution, open it on your system.
- In the pop-up box that appears, tap ‘Next.’
- Now, fill out your company name and related data.
- Select the entity form you desire according to your company.
- Type in how your business will bill the clients.
- Now tap ‘Next.’
- Give your QB company file a name.
- This will complete the setup process.
Who Can Use QuickBooks Simple Start Online?
The Simple Start version of QuickBooks Online is best for those who are looking to monitor business transactions. If your underlying goal is to track your bank and credit card exchanges or transactions, this solution is ideal.
The solution is a very basic accounting software geared to meet small businesses needs. As the accounting requirements of small businesses aren’t complex, Simple Start QuickBooks gives them the right amount of features. The solution now gives you the capacity to download bank transactions. Thus, it minimizes the time spent updating your books. This solution is apt for those who have simple needs and can enter expenditure when it’s paid.
Businesses that don’t need to enter bills for payment in the future necessarily will like this software. In simple words, if you wish to monitor your credit card and bank transactions, this version of QuickBooks Online will suit you.
Also, read : what is quickbooks
Some Points to Note About Simple Start QuickBooks
This software is quite less complex than other solutions for large enterprises. But you must also know about specific things that you cannot do using it. Here are some important points to remember if you are about to purchase and use it.
The Simple Start version doesn’t have as many features as there are in QuickBooks Online and QuickBooks Desktop. This is because it is designed for entrepreneurs and businesses who are just setting up. Despite that, the software has online access. You can also import all your bank and credit card transactions into the solution and categorize expenses easily.
Also, read : quickbooks wont open
Local copies of the books
Unlike QuickBooks Online versions, in QuickBooks Simple Start you will not find any local copy of your books. You must take note of this point as if your internet connection goes out, you can lose your financial information. If you require some additional information regarding any aspect of it, you can use the Helper text present in the interface of the Simple Start solution.
This solution is available with free product upgrades. Thus, you never need to feel worried about having the latest QuickBooks software.
QuickBooks Simple Start Desktop has elementary managerial features. However, it allows you to create invoices for any kind of business that you run. You can make invoices by inputting the customer name, services you are charging, sales tax, and custom message. You cannot automate or schedule these invoices.
Likewise, it is not possible to make estimates with the Simple Start solution. But if you apply for a Merchant Account, you can easily accept debit and credit cards. In order to apply for the Merchant Account, you can go to Intuit Payment Solutions.
QuickBooks Online Simple Start is a basic yet user-friendly accounting solution for freelancers and small business owners. You can carry out a variety of accounting operations using it efficiently. If you want more information about its working or features, contact a QuickBooks technical support service.