QuickBooks is the most secure accounting software accessed with a password while logging in. This password is only kept to the Admin users no other users have this. For the other user, QuickBooks Desktop creates the user password. But sometimes, the Admin or user forgets their password, which makes it difficult to access QuickBooks. But there is a solution to retrieve the password: QuickBooks Password Reset Tool. It will help the user to recover the QuickBooks Desktop password with some easy steps. But first, let’s know what the Password Tool is.
What is a QuickBooks Password Reset Tool?
In the past, anyone could obtain company files to retrieve and steal the company’s critical financial data. So to decrease these cybersecurity concerns, Intuit developed QuickBooks Automated Password Reset Tool. It can quickly recover your QuickBooks Desktop and company file password, which makes them more secure. Now, let’s see how the Password reset tool for QuickBooks Desktop works.
How does the QuickBooks Password Reset Tool Work?
The Automated Password Reset Tool can easily reset QuickBooks passwords. You have to follow the given steps and then use the tool.
- Firstly, you must download the Automated Password Reset Tool QuickBooks to reset the QuickBooks Admin password of the QuickBooks Desktop version for Windows.
- After when you reach the Password Reset Tool page, you have to choose the QuickBooks Desktop Version you last used to access the Company file.
Note: The QuickBooks Desktop version you used to open the company file must be installed on the computer. Nor can you can’t reset your QuickBooks Password.
- After selecting the QuickBooks version, you will now see different fields that provide the requirements:
- License Number (15 digits)
- First Name
- Last Name
- Confirm Email
- ZIP Code
- Phone Number – It should be ten digits in length, barring the expansion toward the end, and shouldn’t start with a nation code number, for example, (+1). On the off chance that you select the US as the Country, it will consequently add. You can undoubtedly change the nation by choosing “Select Nation” and altering and saving the number afterward. In the event that, in any case, the notice – subtleties are not matching shows up, sign in to your Intuit account at and update your data.
- Click on the Next button, after providing all the information.
- Now, when prompted, accept the License Agreement.
- The QuickBooks Password Reset Tool starts downloading automatically. However, if the auto-download fails, click on the Download Now
Note: When you are asked to Save or Run the option for the file, click on Save and save the file at any location on the computer.
- In the next step, run the quickbooks paystub password and enter the Token Number you got on your given email.
- Now, from the QuickBooks Desktop Products dropdown, you have to choose the same QuickBooks version.
- Afterward, click on Browse for Company File and choose your Company File to reset the password.
- Next, enter a New Password in the New Password and Confirm Password fields.
- At last, click on the Reset Password.
- how to quickbooks tool hub download.
When resetting the QuickBooks Desktop password, sign in to the company file with your newly created password. You will not be able to use the QBPasswordReset.exe file again until you complete the verification form again. Return to the QuickBooks Password Reset Tool and repeat the process to download a new QBPasswordReset.exe file to reset your password on a separate QuickBooks company file. If you forget your QuickBooks Admin password, you must fill out the form again to generate a new token, as the tool is only suitable for one use.
However, if you are facing any concerns while using the QuickBooks Desktop Password Reset Tool and want to change the passwords manually, you should go with the following section.
How to Reset QuickBooks Passwords Manually?
It might not be easy for new users to use the QuickBooks Password Reset Tool. You can also reset your QuickBooks passwords with your own without using any program. Here we will provide you the steps for resetting the QuickBooks Admin as well as the Users Password. Let’s start with the Admin password.
Reset QuickBooks Admin Password Manually
You can reset the QuickBooks Admin password if:
- Don’t want to enter the username. Only need a password while logging in.
- When your username is Admin, other users have the admin role.
If you are not an Admin and want to reset the QuickBooks Admin password, then you have to contact the Admin for that, as the Admin can only change the QuickBooks Desktop admin password.
Why QuickBooks Won’t Open? How To Fix The steps for resetting the different versions are not the same as the QuickBooks 2020 and later different procedures, and the QuickBooks 2019 and earlier have different procedures.
QuickBooks 2020 and Newer
Follow the given steps to reset the QuickBooks 2020 download and newer password without the QuickBooks Password Reset Tool:
- In the first step, from the Company Login window, click on “I Forgot my Password.”
- Then, you must choose an email using the dropdown list and click Next.
- Now, you will receive a Reset Token in your email to reset the password.
Note: You can choose the “Don’t see your email in the list above option if your email address is not in the dropdown list and then follow the instructions.
- After that, enter the Token.
- In the end, enter the New Password and Confirm New Password in the given password.
- At last, click on Reset Password.
Sometimes, the Token email can be transferred to the Spam folder. So check the email junk or spam folders for the token email.
For QuickBooks 2019 and Older
Follow the given steps and reset the QuickBooks 2019 and older version passwords manually without using the QuickBooks password Reset Tool:
- First, open the QuickBooks Desktop and choose the “I Forgot My Password” option from the Sign-in window.
- Secondly, provide the following information:
- License Number
- Email Address
- Phone Number
- ZIP Code
- Now, check the given information again and click on OK.
- After that, you receive a Reset Token in your email. For that, you can also check the Spam and Junk folders.
- In the next step, enter the Reset Token in the given field.
- Here, provide a new password in the New password and Confirm password
- Finally, log in to your QuickBooks and company file with the new password.
After resetting the QuickBooks Admin password, we will reset the QuickBooks user’s password.
Also, read : how to reconcile in quickbooks online
Reset QuickBooks User Password
As the QuickBooks Password Reset Tool only changes the QuickBooks Admin password, not the user password. So here we will provide you the steps for resetting the QuickBooks users. The steps are given below:
- In the first step, you have to sign in to your QuickBooks Desktop program as an Admin.
- Then, select the Company tab and then Setup Users and Passwords.
- After that, click on Set Up Users.
- Now enter the Admin Password
- Here, from the User List, you have to choose the User that needs to reset the password and then click on the Edit user option.
- Next, create a New Password and then click the Next button twice.
- Finally, click on Finish when you successfully change the password.
The QuickBooks Password Reset Tool helps you reset the QuickBooks Admin password easily. But if you want to manually change the Admin and User, we also provide you the same. Sometimes, while resetting the password, users need help with doing it in the right way. If you face the same, then contact our ProAdvisor’s with the Email or Live Chat option.