QuickBooks Error 9999 is a connection error that mainly occurs when connecting to the bank with QuickBooks Online. Intuit says the error 9999 in the Online version of QuickBooks is caused due to a script error in the browser. It makes it difficult for the user to connect to their banks. In this situation, you are not able to download your account transactions and can’t view your bank feeds. It also occurs when you update the transactions in QuickBooks Online. When the error occurs, you will see the given statement on the screen while updating the connections:
“Sorry, we can’t update your account. Please try updating again later (9999)”
“Error 9999: QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.”
The QuickBooks Online error 9999 can resolve easily. This blog will help you in fixing the error easily with troubleshooting methods. There are many other scenarios when you get the QuickBooks error 9999. You can encounter this error:
- When updating the transaction with a bank like Well Fargo or Bank of America.
- When trying to update the credit card in QuickBooks Online.
When you see the QuickBooks error code 9999 in the Online version, you can’t perform any task with your back from QuickBooks download. As it blocks the connections and creates a connection issue, and thus you get frustrated. In the next section, we will fix the error. Follow it.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error 9999?
Follow the given methods, fix your error 9999 QuickBooks Online, and perform the banking activities.
Method 1: Update Your Bank
When the bank is not updated in QuickBooks Online, you can encounter the QuickBooks error 9999. So update your bank account 3-4 times in QuickBooks online. Now, follow the given steps and update your bank:
- Firstly, sign in to QuickBooks Online on the browser (not on the phone or Go Payments).
- Secondly, go to the Banking
- After that, click on Update.
- Now, repeat the same steps 3-4 times.
- At last, try to connect to the back with QuickBooks Online and check for the error. If the error continues, then you can perform the next method:
Also, read : QuickBooks Error Code H202
Method 2: Clear the Browser’s Cache Files
QuickBooks error 9999 is a script error that mainly occurs with the browser. The browser’s cache and cookies files can be the reason for the error occurrence. So, fix the error by clearing the cache memory from the browser. In the following steps, you get the steps for clearing the cache in different browsers. These are:
- Firstly, go to the Chrome Menu by clicking on the three dots from the top right.
- Secondly, hover over More Tools and then the Clear Browsing Data
- After that, the Clear Browsing Data window opens; choose Time Range to clear the cache for a particular time. Choose All Time if you want to remove all the cache files from the browser.
- Also, ensure that the Cache and Images Files checkbox is selected.
- Click on Clear Data at last.
Also, read :QuickBooks unrecoverable error
For Firefox Mozilla
- In the first step, go to the Mozilla Menu and choose Settings (Options).
- Then, choose the Privacy & Security
- After that, from the Cookies and Site Data, click on Clear Data.
- Now, a window will appear; remove the Cookies and Site Data
- Ensure that the Cache Web Content checkbox is marked.
- Lastly, click on Clear.
- Go to Home and choose the History
- Then, click on Clear History.
- After that, click on the Pop-up Menu.
- Now, choose All History.
- Finally, click on Clear History.
For Internet Explorer
- Go to the Tools Menu and choose Delete Browsing History
- Click on Temporary Internet Files, Cookies, and History, and don’t select Preserve Favorites website data.
- Click on Delete to clear Cache files.
Method 3: Disconnect and Reconnect Your Bank Account
When you try to connect to the bank, you face the QuickBooks error 9999 due to wrong login credentials and authorization of multi-user. So, to fix the error, you have to disconnect the bank account first and then reconnect the back with the right login credentials, and it updates your bank account once again. The following are the steps:
Disconnect Account from QuickBooks Online
- Firstly, from QuickBooks Online, select Bookkeeping.
- Secondly, choose Transactions and then Banking.
- After that, click on the Pencil icon and then choose Edit Account Info.
- Now, mark the “Disconnect this account on Save”
- Lastly, click on Save and Close.
Now, to resolve the QuickBooks error 9999 reconnect the bank account with the following steps.
Reconnect Bank Account in QuickBooks Online
- Go to the Banking page and choose Connect Account or Add Account.
- Then, browse for your Bank and click on Continue after locating it.
- Now, Sign-in to the bank’s website with the right Credentials.
- In the next step, choose the Accounts you want to connect and allot the proper Account Type.
- Select the Date Range.
- Finally, click on Connect.
Method 4: Try to Login With Banking Website
When you face QuickBooks error 9999, you can open a new tab in the browser, go to the Bank website, and sign in. While signing in, you have to answer some security questions due to security reasons and then enter the OTP you receive on your mobile for verification.
Also, read : quickbooks tool hub download
Method 5: Update Transaction Manually
When you receive the QuickBooks error 9999 while updating the transaction in QuickBooks Online. Then you should update them manually with the following steps:
- Firstly, go to Bookkeeping and choose Transactions.
- Now, choose Banking m or Bank Transactions (Click to reach the page).
- After that, click on the Blue Tile for the account, to upload the transactions.
- Next, choose Drag or Drop or Select Files, choose the transaction file you recently downloaded from the bank, and then click on Continue.
- From the QuickBooks account dropdown, you have to choose the Account to update the transactions and then click on Continue.
- Now, to match the correct fields with the columns on the file in QuickBooks, follow the on-screen steps and click Continue.
- Afterward, choose the transaction you want to upload and hit Continue.
- Click on Yes.
- When you accept the transactions, click on Done.
We Help You!
When the QuickBooks error 9999 occurs, you are not able to connect to your bank with the QuickBooks Online program. So we provide you with the best practices to fix the error. However, if you face any problem in performing the methods or want to talk with the Experts, we are here to help you. Just Contact us.