The QuickBooks Web Connector is an outstanding program by Microsoft Windows that allows web services (Web-Based applications) to exchange data with the QuickBooks Desktop. QuickBooks includes the QuickBooks Point of Sale and Financial software. Your web service installs on a web server, which can be hosted locally or by an outsider hosting service. QuickBooks also installs on a similar workstation as Web Connector (or possibly on a similar local network). With this blog, we will be going to explain to you the setup and utilization process of the Web Connector.
How Does The QuickBooks Web Connector Work?
The Web Connector QuickBooks is a bridge-like program that supports the passing of the qbposXML and qbXML between the QuickBooks or QB Point of Sale and the web-based applications. Since all the communication exercises are maintained by the Web Connector running on a similar framework as QuickBooks. So there is no necessity to get to the firewall ports.
Also, read : convert quickbooks desktop to online
To integrate with Web Connector, a web service must implement a set of methods provided in the QB Web Connector WSDL. These techniques empower the web service to articulate with Web Connector involving similar qbXML as the Work area SDK and POS SDK do.
Why There Is A Need For A QuickBooks Web Connector?
It is as simple as downloading a file to add a new Web service to the list of Web services with which QBWC can talk. (.qwc files are XML files that specify a Web service meant to communicate with QuickBooks and are automatically opened by the QBWC.) Since it depends on the Quicken One step Update device, clients of Quicken’s internet banking administrations will promptly perceive the client experience. It is supported by different QuickBooks versions, which we will discuss in the next part.
Which QuickBooks Versions Support The QuickBooks Web Connector?
Web Connector 220.127.116.11 and older versions work with all QuickBooks Desktop editions. These are supportable by the QBPOS SDK and QB SDK, which additionally feature the following:
- QuickBooks Premier 2002 and later.
- QuickBooks Financial Software Editions for the United States.
- QuickBooks Professional 2002 and after.
- QuickBooks Enterprise Services Solutions
- QuickBooks Accountant or Pro UK Edition 2003 or later.
- 2003 and later QuickBooks Pro, Premier, or Enterprise Canadian Editions
- QuickBooks Simple Start 2006 and later.
- QuickBooks Point of Sale v4.0 and later.
After knowing all the versions, it’s time to set up the Web Connector with the following steps.
Also, read : quickbooks tool hub download
Set Up QuickBooks Web Connector
Since the Web Connector considers itself a specific user, it can run with a single-user license. You will get a zipped file when you attempt to download and install the QBWC. QXC obtains through the web application. It will not download as an.exe file, which can be simply run, so you must unzip it to install it. The instructions for downloading and installing Web Connector are as follows; please read them carefully:
Download And Install QuickBooks Web Connector
- Firstly, to begin, download and save the QBWC installer to the chosen location.
- Secondly, make a new folder called QBWC and place the installation .exe file in it.
- Now, right-click the downloaded file and select the Extract Here option to extract the installation file.
- After that, When the extraction is complete, choose the.exe file and right-click on it.
- Later, pick the Run as Administrator option to run the installation with full administrative privileges.
- Now, the security window popup displays, prompting you to run the installation; click Run and continue.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Accept the License Permit and click Continue when you reach the final installation step.
- After installation, click Finish and begin using the Web Connector.
Now, you get your Web Connector in the system. However, if you face any error while performing the QuickBooks Web Connector download and installation, go with the next section.
How To Resolve Web Connector Installation Error?
The QB Web Connector installation error can occur due to various reasons. These are installation issues. If you encounter a problem while installing Web Connector, you can resolve it by uninstalling and reinstalling it. The steps are as follows:
Solution 1: Uninstall and Reinstall Web Connector
- To begin, use the Windows+R keys to open the Run window.
- Now, in the Run box, type Control Panel and press the Enter or OK button.
- When the Control Panel displays, select the Programs tab, followed by Uninstall a Program.
- Now, choose Web Connector from the application list and right-click to uninstall it.
- You’ll be asked to confirm the uninstallation; click Uninstall.
- The application will eventually uninstall.
- Delete the QuickBooks Web Connector folders from the specified place as well.
- C:/Program Files(x86)/Common Files/Intuit QuickBooks
- C:/Program Files/Common Files/ Intuit QuickBooks
- Finally, reinstall the web connector by pursuing step 4 from the and install QuickBooks.
Also, read : quickbooks download
Solution 2: Add an App to QuickBooks Web Connector
To add an application to the Web Connector, you should initially sign in to QuickBooks as an Admin and afterward to your Intuit Account. You can connect your third-party web application to QuickBooks, assuming that you have its .qwc file. The steps are as follows:
- First, select File, then Update Web Services.
- Second, select Manage Web Apps.
- Choose the app and then click setup quickbooks bank feed in front of it. You will be directed to the app’s website and asked to sign in.
- Then, from the app’s website, select Connect to QuickBooks.
- Finally, launch QuickBooks Desktop and press Done when the Access Confirmation box appears to complete the setup.
Your apps have now been successfully added to the Web Connector. With the following section, we’re getting closer to recognizing how to use the apps.
How Can I Sort Apps In QuickBooks Web Connector?
This section will teach you how to organize, delete, and transfer the app. The following are examples:
Manage An App
To manage the online apps, you must first sign into QuickBooks as an administrator and then into your Intuit account. After signing in, proceed as directed.
- Navigate to the File and App Management menus.
- After that, select Manage Web Apps.
- Click the Connected Apps option to see your applications and make changes.
Assuming you need to uninstall an application from the Internet Connector, do the accompanying::
Uninstall an App
When you delete or remove an app from the QuickBooks Web Connector, the data exchange with QuickBooks Desktop stops working. Now, proceed as follows:
- Firstly, navigate to the Edit tab and pick Preferences.
- Second, go with Integrated Applications.
- You must now select Company Preferences.
- Choose the program to delete/remove and press the Remove button.
- Finally, when the app has been deleted, click OK.
Install the app on your device.
You may quickly transfer your app to another computer for the same corporate file using QuickBooks Web Connector. The other system connection will be disconnected when you transfer the app. Also, make sure your QuickBooks Desktop is up to date with the most recent release. The steps are as follows:
- Choose File and then the Update Web Services tab.
- Select the Manage Web Apps option.
- After that, click on Connected Apps to see and modify your app.
- Select the Transfer App to My Device option.
- The link will be transferred to the new device.
The Web Connector application is ideal for connecting to third-party programs in QuickBooks Desktop. You will be able to see all of your apps in one spot. As a result, this blog will walk you through the QuickBooks Web Connector download and installation process. We also walk you through setting it up and organizing it. However, proceed to the installation error section if you face problems while installing the Web Connector. If this does not help, please contact our Pro Advisors by email or live chat. They will be happy to assist you.