As we all know, QuickBooks provides checks for any payment, whether big or small. Moreover, it also allows the user to print the checks easily. Today with this blog, we present the step-by-step guide for Quickbooks Check Printing in the Desktop and Online versions.
After wiring the checks, you can easily print single or multiple checks in QuickBooks. So, for
How to Print Checks with QuickBooks Online?
QuickBooks Online allows you to print the checks directly when you create a check for your expense payments. You can set up the QuickBooks check printing software and print settings for the voucher or standard checks.
Step1: Setup QuickBooks for Checks Printing
To initiate the check printing in QuickBooks Online, first, we have to set it up. This will line up your checks and printer perfectly. Before that, fill some blank paper into the Printer paper tray to test the prints. In this way, there is a good use of the actual checks and also check the alignment of printing. Now, follow the given steps for Quickbooks online check printing:
- First, click on +New and then choose Print Checks.
- Now, choose the Print Setup
- After that, choose your check type from Standard or Voucher.
- Here, choose “View Preview and print Sample”.
- Now, go with the on-screen steps to complete the sample check printing. ‘
- At last, to check the alignment, place the sample print under the blank check.
If you don’t know how to check the alignment, follow the section and initiate the QuickBooks check printing.
Examine Check Alignment
Check the alignment of the check before performing the QuickBooks check printing:
- First, choose +New and then Print Checks.
- Then, choose Print Setup.
- Noe, choose No, Continue Setup.
- Choose No, Continue Setup It will open the check in an alignment window; from here, you can easily adjust the margins for correcting the alignment.
- Now, drag the grid from the Check Image Window so the numbers appear in the same place on your sample print. The QuickBooks auto-adjusts the alignment.
Note: The vertical and horizontal field numbers are adjustable; ask QuickBooks where they print the check amount exactly.
- When the adjusting is done, then click on View Preview and Print Sample.
- Then, choose Print.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to accomplish the QuickBooks check printing of a sample check.
- Now, place the sample under the black check and check the alignment.
- After that, repair the grid aligner procedure and print the sample until you get the perfect alignment.
- After getting the perfect alignment, click on Finish Setup.
After setting the QuickBooks and alignment for QuickBooks check printing, now add the checks in the print queue.
Step 2: Add Checks in Print Queue
- Firstly, click on +New from QuickBooks Online.
- Then, choose the Check
- Next, from the dropdown, choose the payee.
- Now, by using the Bank Account dropdown, choose the account from which the check withdraws the money.
- After that, complete the check fields you need.
- Then, choose the Print Check option to open the check-in print queue.
- Now, choose Save and Close to exit the check window.
After recording the check, now follow the given step for QuickBooks check printing from the print queue.
Step 3: Print Checks from the Queue
Now, we will print checks QuickBooks from the print queue. If you wish to change the check type, open the print setup and change the type of check. The following are the steps:
- Go to the +New and choose the Print Checks
- Now, place the Checks into the printer.
- After positioning, choose the checking account you use to create the check using the dropdown.
- Next, enter the first check’s number in the printer’s Starting Check no.
- Here, choose the Checkbox in front of the check you wish to print.
- Click on Preview and Print.
- Now, click on Print when you review everything.
- When the check prints correctly, click on Done.
Now, you know how you can initiate the check printing QuickBooks online. But if you want to print checks in QuickBooks Desktop, then go with the next section.
How to Print Checks in QuickBooks Desktop?
QuickBooks checks printing for the Desktop version is not a difficult task. The QuickBooks Desktop allows you to print single and multiple checks in one go. So let’s start the printing:
Print a Single Check in QuickBooks Desktop
This section will guide you for single QuickBooks check printing; follow the given steps:
- First, open your QuickBooks Desktop program.
- Then, choose the Banking tab.
- Now, you have to browse and choose the Check you want to print.
- After that, enter the first check number in the “Check Number” field.
- Click the Print button.
- From here, you have to choose the type of check, Standard, Wallet, or Voucher.
- Now, choose the Printer’s Name to print the check.
- Finally, click on the Print button.
For multiple QuickBooks check printing, follow the given section.
Print Multiple Checks in QuickBooks Desktop
- First, open quickbooks download
- Then, go to the Banking tab and choose the Write Checks
- After that, click on Print and choose the Print Later
- Now, close the Write Checks windows and reach the File
- In the next step, choose Print Forms.
- Afterward, choose from Paychecks and Checks.
- Now, choose the Bank Account.
- Next, mark the check you want to print.
- Fill in the Check Number of the first check in the Check Number field.
- Click on OK.
- Here, choose the Check Type from Wallet, Standard, or Voucher.
- After choosing, pick the Printer’s name.
- Lastly, click on the Print
If you have the QuickBooks Mac version and you want to perform QuickBooks checks printing, then go with the following steps:
How to Print Checks in QuickBooks Mac Version?
Follow the given steps and print checks in the quickbooks for mac download :
Given QuickBooks check printing steps are for the latest version of QuickBooks Mac 2022.
- Firstly, from QuickBooks, click on the Check Screen and then the Printer icon.
- Now, enter the First Check Number to Print in the Check Number field.
- After that, click on Print.
Now, you know how to perform QuickBooks check printing in both Desktop and Online versions. We also provide the steps for QuickBooks Mac check printing. Sometimes, an issue occurs while printing the checks; if you face any problems, you can contact Experts using Email or Live Chat.